In Malaysia, grill fish is one of the favourite food. We love to eat grill fish. All the races have their own recipes for grill fish. I think famous Portuguese grill fish is one of the must have dish. You can visit Melaka state to eat their famous Portuguese grill fish. Whenever, I have the chance I will visit Melaka for their authentic food.
After missing this grill fish so much, I decided to made this special grill stingray. Hope you enjoy the meal.
Enjoy your meal with 10 minutes cooking.
400 gram stingray fish (Ikan Pari)
1/2 Lime juice
1/2 tbsp thick soya sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 handful Petai or Acra (Lady finger)
½ cup cooking oil
1 handful Dried shrimp (grind)
Ingredients to grind: (dikisar)
4 Red chillies ( alternatively use dried chilli, more spicy)
4 Candlenut ( buah keras)
½ tbsp Shrimp Paste
1-2 tbsp Chili powder
2 Kaffir lime leaves
- Heat pan and add cooking oil.
- Add grinded dry shrimp.
- Add Grinded ingredients. Stir until aromatic.
- Add lime juice, soya sauce, salt and brown sugar.
- Cooked for 5 minutes.
- Place the chili paste in an aluminium foil and banana leaves.
- Put the fish in the aluminium foil and wrap it.
- Cook in microwave for 180C/350F for 20 minutes.
- Serve with steam rice.